Patient Instructions For The Day Of Sleep Stud
- Please bring a current list of all your medications you take (both prescription and over-the-counter), your insurance cards and a photo ID to your appointment.
- Since all sensors are placed on the skin and scalp, we ask that all patients bathe and shampoo their hair before coming to the center. Do not use hairspray, mousse, hair oils or gels. Please do not wear any makeup.
- No alcohol, caffeine, coffee, tea, soft drinks, or non-prescription drugs can be consumed the day of the study. They can affect your test results.
- We ask that you remain awake all day on the day of your test. No napping, please.
- Please eat dinner before reporting to the center, as we do not provide food or snacks during the night.
- Bring your usual sleeping attire; pajamas, gown, shorts and a t-shirt or sweats are all acceptable. Appropriate sleep attire is mandatory.
- Please feel free to bring what you need to feel comfortable. We suggest your favorite reading material--we do have magazines available. We provide all bedding.
- If you wear artificial nails, please remove one from your index finger prior to your test, so that a sensor can be properly attached.
- Most important, if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we need at least 24-48 hours notice or a $100.00 non-cancellation fee will be charged.
- For more information, please click on each option:
If you have any questions, please call us at (216) 267-5933
"Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 1994."